Thursday, February 20, 2014

PINEHURST #2

I had the pleasure of spending several days this week at the Pinehurst Resort attending the ClubCorp regional superintendents meeting. It was a great educational and team building experience.  It would be a lie to say the highlight for me was not the opportunity the play the historic #2. Of course, the Bermudagrass was dormant and has been painted for the winter but it was awesome to see the course.  Actually, I was chasing my ball all over the property and I saw a lot more the course than I would have liked.

#1







#18 from the tee - I will never stand here on a Sunday afternoon tied for the lead at the Open, but I couldn't help but imagine what it must be like.  Very cool experience.

#18 from the fairway into the setting sun.

Believe it or not, there was a weed out there.  Granted, there were not many but I found this one on the collar of #3.